How to Enter the 2017 Competition
- Ensure that your entry reaches us no later then Saturday 27th May.
- Entries will only be accepted via email & any fees must be paid electronically.
- The competition is open to singers resident in the UK who are aged 18-28. Singers age 29 and over should not apply.
You must provide all of the following before the closing date above for your entry to be considered:
- Recent recordings (audio only or video) of yourself performing any two contrasting pieces, supplied in digital format by email or downloadable from a recognised sharing service (DropBox, GoogleDrive, YouTube, SoudCloud etc). This does not need to be the same as the finals repertoire.
- A scan / photograph of one of the following clearly showing name & date of birth:
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Proof of Age Card
- Entry fee of £15 by online banking to: s/c: 20-65-18 a/n: 20191647 ref: SC15/YOURSURNAME
- The entry form, by email as a scan / photograph of high enough resolution to print.
If selected for the final on Sunday 2nd July you will be required to perform three pieces:
- An English song by an English composer.
- Another song in its original language (other than English)
- An opera aria in its original language (or a recognized English translation)
The combined duration of the finals performance not to exceed 15 minutes stage time.
If you wish to use the official accompanist £20 fee to be paid online before the final. He / she will accompany you in the final and in a 15 minute rehearsal on the morning of Sunday 2nd July.
Closing date for entries is Saturday 27th May. Selected Finalists will be contacted by Monday 5th June. If you are selected for the final, reasonable travel expenses (for the finalist only) will be offered.
Apply by email to:
All enquiries to:
Mike Smith (Competition Administrator)
email: email@example.com | phone: 07970 282 101