2017 Festival Singing Competition
Sunday, July 2, 10.30am, Chadlington Church
Tickets – £5 on the door
Many outstanding singers have performed at the Festival over the years including Dame Ann Murray (mezzo), Amanda Roocroft (soprano), Neil Davis (baritone), Nuccia Focile (soprano), Linda Richardson (soprano), Jonathan Veira (bass-baritone) and our very own Claire Bradshaw (soprano) and Richard Coxon (tenor). Vocal music is a core passion and central to much of the Festival programming. This year we will further our commitment to the art of singing with our Sixth Annual Competition open to young singers between the ages of 18 and 28.
We are especially pleased to welcome composer and broadcaster Michael Berkeley CBE to the panel as our Guest Adjudicator this year.
The Adjudicating Panel
- Michael Berkeley CBE (Composer & broadcaster)
- Claire Bradshaw (mezzo-soprano)
- Richard Coxon (tenor)
- Lord Chadlington (Former Chairman of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
The Competition Prizes
- The winning Finalist will receive £2000 and be invited to appear in a future Festival
- An audience prize of £500 will be awarded based on an independent audience vote
Each finalist will be required to perform three songs, with the combined duration of their finals performance not to exceed 15 minutes stage time.
- An English song by an English composer
- Another song in its original language (other than English)
- An opera aria in its original language, or a recognised English translation